Mission, Vision and Values
(updates approved by Board of Commissioners October 29, 2010)
To serve our communities with compassion and dignity, one patient at a time.
Each of us will contribute to making Skagit Regional Health the best regional integrated health system in the Northwest, dedicated to understanding and exceeding our patients’ expectations.
Patients First: We ensure our patients receive compassionate, respectful, timely, safe and healing experiences.
Accountability: We each commit to perform at the highest level and to be held accountable as individuals, as team members and as an organization.
Operational Excellence: We embrace continuous quality improvement by using Lean skills to achieve operational excellence and the highest standards of safety, compassion, presentation and efficiency.
Physician Leaders: We expect physician leaders to utilize evidence based medicine to ensure the highest quality of individual patient care. Physician leaders commit to our culture of compassion and participate in strategic growth.
Community Partnerships: We invest in respectful partnerships to improve the health and wellness of our communities.
Culture of Respect: We demonstrate respect for each person in all we do.
Personal Development: We each accept personal responsibility for ongoing learning and skill development. Our organization is responsible for investing in our training and skill development to enable operational excellence.
We are Committed to and Set our Priorities by our Adopted Service Standards:
- We Will Each Demonstrate our Adopted Universal Attributes:
- Technical proficiency
- Responsive to my concerns
- Treats me with respect
- Listens well
- Stays calm under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Team AND patient focused
- Takes time to teach AND to learn
- Works hard and carries a fair share of the load
- Good steward of scarce resources
Themes and Objectives:
1) Our highest priorities are quality and safety- Accelerate our efforts to improve the quality and safety of patient care.
- Objective C1: Provide healthcare services with the expertise that I need.
- Objective P7: Achieve exceptional clinical outcomes.
- Objective P8: Zero errors that affect our patients’ health.
2) Increase Customer Value-Adopt service standards that deliver the customer intimacy.
Safety, compassion, presentation and efficiency
- Objective P5: Deliver personalized, respectful compassionate and informed experiences.
- Objective C2: Provide me with respectful and compassionate attention
- Objective C3: Ensure me a timely and convenient experience every time.
- Objective C4: Keep me involved and informed
3) Grow Market Share and Geographic Presence-build and promote key service lines while remaining committed to essential services.
- Objective F2: Increase market share and revenue within high margin services.
- Objective P1: Grow key service lines via recruitment, service development, strategic partnerships and geographic coverage.
- Objective P2: Staffing, technology and capacity will meet our patients’ needs.
- Objective P3: Physicians are integrated and engaged members of our healthcare team.
- Objective P4: Participate in our community and influence economic and legislative issues.
Key service lines are:
- Cardiovascular Services
- Cancer (diagnosis and treatment)
- Imaging and outpatient diagnostics/interventions
- Women’s Health
- Maintain essential services
- Emergency services
- Kidney Dialysis
- Primary acute care
- Primary/Urgent Care
- Wound Care
4) Achieve Operational Excellence - Set best-of-class benchmarks for productivity.
- Objective F1: Exceed a 5 percent operating Margin.
- Objective F3: Increase net revenue by >8% annually
- Objective F4: Optimize resources within and across departments
- Objective P6: Achieve efficiency and effectiveness
Adopted by the Board of Commissioners June 18, 2004
Revised October 24, 2008
Revised June 26, 2009
Revised October 29, 2010