Surgery at Skagit Valley Hospital
Planning for a surgery or experiencing an unexpected trip to the operating room can be stressful. At Skagit Valley Hospital, we provide you and your family the support and compassion necessary to allow you to focus on your treatment and recuperation. Please ask your doctor or health care provider any questions you might have about your care or treatment. You can also find out more about your upcoming surgery or treatment through MedlinePlus, health information from the National Institutes of Health.
We are pleased to announce that Skagit Valley Hospital received the following HealthGrades 2012 Awards for our surgical services:
• Recipient of the HealthGrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ in 2012
• Recipient of the HealthGrades Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2011-2012)
• Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Joint Replacement in 2012
• Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2012
• Recipient of the HealthGrades Prostatectomy Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2011-2012)
• Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Prostatectomy in 2012
• Recipient of the HealthGrades Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 2011
• Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Gynecologic Surgery for 2011
• Ranked #1 in WA for Gynecologic Surgery in 2011
Skagit Valley Hospital also received a 5-Star rating which means their clinical performance is better than expected in these areas:
• Five-Star Rated for Overall Orthopedic Services in 2012
• Five-Star Rated for Joint Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2011-2012)
• Five-Star Rated for Spine Surgery in 2012
• Five-Star Rated for Total Knee Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2011-2012)
• Five-Star Rated for Total Hip Replacement for 5 Years in a Row (2008-2012)
• Five-Star Rated for Back and Neck Surgery (except Spinal Fusion) in 2012
• Five-Star Rated for Prostatectomy for 2 Years in a Row (2011-2012)
• Five-Star Rated for Gynecologic Surgery in 2011
Find out more about our quality care in surgical services from HealthGrades.
Our Surgical Facilities
At Skagit Valley Hospital we offer six newly constructed, state-of-the art surgical suites. Each room has been specially designed to provide a spacious, relaxing environment for our surgical team composed of surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses, technicians and support personnel. Skagit Valley Hospital provides the latest in surgical technology. The digitally-integrated operating room technology puts everything at a surgeon’s fingertips – from the control of the room lights and surgical equipment to the patients' diagnostic reports.
Our Compassionate Staff
Our outpatient surgery department, staffed by well-trained, compassionate nurses, provides private patient rooms, with flat screen televisions for the comfort of our patients and their families. This area is dedicated to ensure that each patient is thoroughly prepared for surgery and then can return to a private, comfortable environment before returning home the same day.
Our recovery room area, staffed by outstanding, specially-trained, post-anesthesia care unit nurses, assures a speedy and safe anesthesia recovery process.
A new SmarTrack system allows loved ones to track their patient's status. Patients are assigned a confidential code, which is provided to a family member. A large flat screen is located in the Surgical Services waiting are on the second floor of the hospital. Patient information is updated on the system as they move through their operation and recovery, and family members can track the progression from the waiting room.
For those who require overnight hospitalization following surgery, our acute care staff on the surgical and orthopedic care nursing units provides around-the-clock, patient-centered care, along with physical therapy and other follow up treatment as needed.
Our medical staff includes more than 90 surgeons and anesthesiologists who are credentialled to perform procedures at Skagit Valley Hospital. Our surgical volumes continue to increase to meet the needs of our growing community. Currently, an average of 500 cases per month are performed.
Click here to find Pre-surgical Patient Instructions that can be downloaded as a pdf file to help our patients prepare for, and know what to expect after surgery.
Register for the Total Joint Replacement Education class to help you prepare for joint replacement surgery.
View a map and directions to Skagit Valley Hospital.